November 15, 2015

Feature of the Month | November 2015







Meet Khadijah!


She is a beautiful young woman who likes to express her love for fashion and style through her blog, DimpleKhadi

Read on to discover how she pulls it all together.





::




Who are you? [Tell me a little about yourself. Where were you born and where have you lived, who you live with, what your family is like, education backgrounds, age, what do you do, what are your general professional and non-professional interests? etc.] 
I am Garuba Khadijah Abiola of dimplekhadi.blogspot.com. I'm a Nigerian.  A 5th year medical student of VN Karazin National University, Kharkov, Ukraine. I was born in Nigeria, in Ilorin, Kwara State Capital. I'm  22 years old. I'm from a family of 4 children; 2 boys, 2 girls 
and I'm the 2nd girl.


Tell me about your blog and who you’d like to reach in every post? 
I have a fashion blog, which I create to inspire young ladies like myself 

What is the best moment of the day for you?
At the end of a lecture. Lol...

How did you first get interested in blogging and why is it important to you?
I got interested in blogging when people started telling me I have a nice dress sense and advised me to create a blog to inspire others.

Do you have any other interests besides blogging and how long have you been doing it?
Yes, I'm a medical student, so I'm so much in love with my studies. I started blogging on the 5th of January 2015 and blogging is a part-time thing for me. 

What do you love to do when you’re not blogging?
I read and see movies sometimes 

What does fashion and lifestyle mean to you?
Fashion is a way of expressing oneself. I believe the way you dress speaks a lot about you

Do you remember the first post you did? 
Yes, I remember wearing a stripped red skirt on a cold winter afternoon. Lol...

Where do you get your inspiration?
 I create my look, sometimes, I get inspired by other bloggers and celebrities on instagram

What fashion trends do you see being big in 2016?
I can't say for sure. Time will tell

How long does it usually take you to construct a post and what goes into it [for your blog]?
It doesn't take too long time. I edit my pictures myself before I compose the post, so Let's say 2 hours altogether 

What are some of your accomplishments as a blogger?
I get featured on pages on some social media platforms and blogs. People leave a lot of positive comments about how I've inspired them which makes me happy 

Who are some of your favorite fashion designers and bloggers?
I like Basma K, Style by Trey

Do you consider yourself an artist?
I guess I am 

What matters to you most as a fashion lover and a blogger?
I love to wear  clothes I'm comfortable in. Comfort matters a lot when choosing an outfit

What do you like and dislike in general?
I love food and I dislike lies 

How would you define your personal style?
Decent and chic

What do you wish people would understand about working in the blogging industry?
People should know that blogging doesn't require a lot of time. People believe a medical student like me shouldn't be blogging, but it's not like that. Blogging is just like a way of relaxing after a long, stressful day at school. And it's not something you do all the time, but once in awhile.

What kind of clothes would you never wear?  
I would never wear revealing clothes 

Which of your other projects has given you the most satisfaction?
My grades in school

Over the past year and even recently, you’ve been featured in a few magazines and newspapers. Can you tell me a little about that?
I've been featured on quite a lot of instagram pages and blogs and It feels good

What are some of your favorite clothing stores/catalogs/websites?
I love shopping when stores are on sale. I don't believe I have to wear expensive designer clothes to look good. I get my clothings at a lesser price and combine them well to look expensive. Zara, Cropptown,  house, Dressgal, Dresslink, Centro, CNDirect

How do you describe the fashion scene in your home city as compared to other major cities or fashion capitals?
It's ok

What are you afraid of in the future and what plans do you have for yourself?
I'm afraid of having to stop blogging when I start working 

What is the best reward in being a blogger? 
Being recognized by a lot of people 

What one piece of advice would you give to someone wanting to start a career in blogging?
Blogging is a way of helping people to know who they really are and to express themselves through their outfits. So if you believe you are capable of doing this, then go ahead and start a blog :)


Do you have any question you’d like to ask me?
Tell me about yourself

Well Khadi, my name is Belinda, a Ghanaian Blogger and Fashion Designer. I have been blogging for 4 years and I've been a designer for 3 years.

I belong to a family of 5 girls, 1 boy and I love your blog :)

:: 

Thanks Khadi for letting me do this interview!

To see more of Peeks and become part of her awesome life, visit her FacebookTwitterInstagram. You can also check out her website, Mo-Am.

Do you know anyone in the fashion industry that you'd like to read about? Why not recommend someone and I'll do the interview.

For your concerns and contributions, please leave a comment here or on Facebook and I'll be sure to get back to you.

4 comments:

I'd definitely love to hear from you.
What do you think about this post?

Featured Post

5 of the best Fashion enthusiasts to Follow on Instagram Now

The fashion industry today is still on the way towards growth worldwide. Last month, I made my first list of Instagram Sensations, which you...

Popular Posts